About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mom, working professional, and lover of all things fitness. I've lost 20 lbs in and kept it off for the past 2 years without stepping foot in a gym. I'm all about learning to be a better ME and paying it forward. Contact me at http://fb.me/tamaragomez18 or tamara.gomez18@gmail.com

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Inferno Day 2

I have to admit, today was tough.  It was Snomageddon, snOMG, whatever you want to call it, it was the Blizzard of 2011.  Thundersnow!!!  That was something new for sure.  The morning started out just fine.  Breakfast was :

6 oz low-fat strawberry yogurt
3/4 cup cubed cantaloupe
1 tsp honey

I also added a cup of green tea.


Because I had a late breakfast, I decided to save my 1st snack for later, which turned out to be a good idea.  Lunch was yummy!

3 slices turkey breast
1 whole wheat tortilla
1/2 tomato
1/4 avocado
handful of mixed greens
1 tbsp nonfat Italian dressing (I actually substituted balsamic vinaigrette for this)

I forgot to take a picture BEFORE I started devouring it!


Then came the challenge.  Snow came, I left work in Oak Brook at 2 pm.  Didn't make it home till 6:30 pm.  I was hungry and SOOOO tempted to get something to eat on the road.  But I held strong.  At about 3 pm I had my snack that I had saved from the morning:

Chocolate Shakeology, 8 oz. water, 2 tsp. peanut butter.  Mixed with ice.

This kept me going.

Dinner was:

Chicken Tacos with Beans and Quinoa.  As I'm typing this I just realized I forgot to make the beans!  Oops. LOL

Two 6 oz. chicken breasts, grilled and then diced
5 tbsp. pico de gallo
1 tbsp. low fat sour cream
4 small whole wheat tortillas
1/2 avocado
5 sprigs cilantro

2 cups black beans, cooked
2-1/2 cups quinoa seasoned with cilantro, salt, and pepper, cooked

*I cheated just a little, you can see some cheese.  I just couldn't resist :-O

It was great and we ended the night full, warm, and cozy.  SNOW DAY tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment